acrylic is your safest bet.
Hey people
Doe's anyone knows what kind of paint to use on figurine.
I wanna change my ML6 Phoenix green to a Dark red (darker than the variant) but I don't know what kind of paint to use. And would it be better to buff the old paint off or just paint right on it?
acrylic is your safest bet.
oh, no need to remove the original paint, either.
Cool and what kind of brush should I use and what amount of paint also how many layers. Just kidding [img]wink.gif[/img] I wasn't sure for the kind of paint to use that's all.
thanks Peek
Acrylic paint is the way to go, since it won't react with the plastic and make it sticky. I like Citadel's acrylics, Pactra (if you can find it), and Testors' Model Master ACRYL. Make sure the bottle says ACRYL.
You can find paint online, or at your local hobby store.
I'd also suggest using a primer to help the paint stick better and to get a better paint job. Krylon's white primer is good, but so are Pactra's Pactra Prep and Citadel's primers.
Before priming or painting, be sure to wash the figure thoroughly with soap and warm water. Sometimes there are oils and residues from the factory that can mess up a paint job. Allow the figure to air dry completely, then get to work.
Good luck!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've been customizing for 12+ years, and I've been using the same crappy plastic bristle Testors brushes the whole time. You can buy them in packs of three at Michael's craft store.Originally posted by hychi:
...what kind of brush should I use and what amount of paint also how many layers.
I DO use a real hair detail brush, though, for the real tiny stuff. Also got that at Michael's.
For real small, super-detail, I use sharpened toothpicks or sharp wire that's been cut to a fine point.
When painting, definitely layer. One thick coat of gloppy paint looks like crap. Depending on the color, you will have to do at least two coats. Yellow, white, or red sometimes require more coats to get perfect.
If you use white primer, light colors will require multiple coats.
PS- I know you're kidding, but wanted to offer some stuff I've learned.
Thanks man. But do you think I should use primer first?
That's the one and I just want to change the green into dark red just like her lips.
what I mean is do i need to use the primer since the red is gonna be Dark.
yes
Yeah, primer isn't just for coverage like a lot of people think.
It's to help the new layer stick better.
Bookmarks